Yaldex.com >> The Best Soft >> Audio & MP3
ArtSong is a tool for algorithmically generating and organizing musical materials.
File Size: 11.3 MB
License: Free to try
OS: Win95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP
Requirements: 32M RAM
20M free HD space
ArtSong is a tool for algorithmically generating and organizing musical materials. Designed as a general-purpose algorithmic composition framework, ArtSong is 'intended' to be inherently devoid of any particular musical style; an electronic-procedural manuscript paper that you can apply to any specific composition problem. Your creativity, selection-of, and skill-using the various components, algorithms, composition-variables, control-events, etc., determine ArtSong's musical output.
ArtSong implements a procedural 'building-block' approach to algorithmic music composition. The myriad musical elements, materials, and operations of musical composition are organized into musical 'Component' building blocks which you combine in different ways to assemble ArtSong composition Projects.
ArtSong allows you to exert as much or as little control on the composition process as your musical goals require. On the 'extreme-control' side, you can compose in ArtSong entirely on an individual note-by-note basis, literally specifying each note's pitch, duration, and volume. Or you can use the algorithmic-generative capabilities provided by ArtSong's composition engine.
- new Integral Serial algorithms,
- new individual note editing capabilities,
- save as MIDI (Format 1) or ArtSong Project Files
- Save projects as MIDI, ArtSong? Projects, or simple CSound score files.
- multilevel UNDO and REDO,
- multiple time signatures.
- Multiple composition projects can be opened simultaneously,
- Real-time and batch algorithmic composition processes,
- Pascal and/or Basic scriptings to compose, edit, or analyze. Includes syntax sensitive editor, script debugger, and extensive library,
- Algorithm generation of compositions up to 3000 measures,
- Build custom libraries of data patterns, presets, and project templates for reuse, Algorithmic editing,
- 8 probability distribution functions including flat, linear, triangle, beta, Cauchy, Weibull, Gauss, logistic and 1/f,
- defined Chords and Scales can be up to 10 octaves wide,
- MIDI controller components can be associated with individual Tracks,
- MIDI record,
- Unlimited tracks and algorithms per project,
- Over 30 algorithm plugins including random, chaos attractors, image to music, text to music, etc.
- Automatic conversion of MIDI files to ArtSong? projects,
- Drag and drop components between open projects,
- Open ended... new plugin components and algorithms can be added