Yaldex.com >> The Best Soft >> Home & Education
Save your time and energy for watching birds, not logging them - use Birder.
File Size: 5.49 MB
License: Free to try
OS: Win95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP
Requirements: 32M RAM
20M free HD space
Birder is a bird watchers database application, allowing you to easily create and maintain a life list of your bird sightings. It calculates your lifetime statistics, has flexible life list searching capabilities, and compiles your life list into a beautifully formatted print version. Maintaining your life list has never been easier.
- Features: Each sighting record contains entries for the Bird's Common and Alternate Names, Taxonomy (Order, Family and Species), First Sighting Specifics (Location, Country, World Region, Month and Year), Comments, Additional Sightings and Image Links. (See screen shot of sighting record.)
- A fully formatted version of your life list with sightings grouped taxonomically can be printed out (if you have a printer) and/or viewed on the screen with the Print Preview function. It can also be exported and saved as an HTML web page. (See print sample.)
- Comprehensive lifetime sighting statistics, including counts of sightings by Location, Country, Region, Taxonomic Order, Taxonomic Family, Month and Year. (See screen shot of statistics.)
- A fully formatted version of your lifetime statistics can be printed out (if you have a printer). For other uses, it can be exported as a text file.
- Image Viewer included allowing you to quickly and easily view images linked with each sighting.
- Search function works with multiple keyword parameters and allows you to quickly scroll through all matching records.
- Ability to make bulk changes to your life list in selected fields.
- Comment and Additional Sightings fields can contain up to 32000 characters for each sighting.
- Complete and comprehensive indexed help file included.