Yaldex.com >> The Best Soft >> Home & Education
A small, easy-to-use calendar/reminder program !
File Size: 1.23 MB
License: Free to try
OS: Win95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP
Requirements: 32M RAM
20M free HD space
SAMcal is a small, easy-to-use calendar/reminder program. It has a highly configurable interface and is quite flexible in defining when an event occurs. Features include: daily notes, sticky notes application scheduling, sun and moon information, multiuser support, and much more.
- Multiple event lists! You may now define more than one event list - only the events belonging to the selected list show up on the calendar at any given moment.
- E-mail event notifications . You can set it up to send e-mail for all events or selected events.
- An Astronomical Calendar . This window shows you (graphically) when the sun and moon are up, and the portions of the night that are considered "twilight" (astronomical, nautical, or civil).
- Daily notes are now edited in place, with many more formatting options.
- There is now a "missed alarms" dialog , to tell you what alarms were set to go off since the last time SAM cal was running, but couldn't because it wasn't.
- Sticky notes! These may be managed from the SAM cal main window or from the SAM cal tray icon(s).
- New event type! The "fixed day interval" event type has been expanded to be the new "periodic" event, which can be a fixed day interval, a fixed month interval, or a fixed year interval.
- New Weather Plugin! There is now a plugin that provides (via a network connection) the latest observed weather for many sites worldwide, and forecast weather for many US sites.
- Quick alarms! Make it easier to set up an alarm.
- Group alarms! Display a list of events belonging to a given group that occur today.
- Event suppress or reschedule! Individual occurrences of repeating events may be suppressed or rescheduled.
- New cosmetic fluff !
- Themes! You may now store the appearance and sound options into named themes, and you may set it to rotate among the themes in various ways
- New button styles - text only and edgeless
- Raised 3D day tiles
- Most solid colors may now be set as gradient colors
- You may now set a background image for the event list and the daily info
- Support for more graphics file formats for the background images
- Event group icons, which may be used as event list bullets or in place of the group text on the day tiles
- New predefined color schemes
- New bugs ! Well, there's no sense living in denial, is there?