Yaldex.com >> The Best Soft >> Multimedia & Design
Leverage your web design experience to create sophisticated multimedia content or quickly build powerful text-based menus.
File Size: 2.49 MB
License: Free to try
OS: Win95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP
Requirements: 32M RAM
20M free HD space
Leverage your web design experience to create sophisticated multimedia content or quickly build powerful text-based menus. Use MenuBox to AutoRun-enable your CDs and DVDs, as a multi-purpose application launcher, or as a customized HTML browser. Features include a windowless mode to directly open a document (e.g. PDF, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) when your medium is inserted in the drive and conditional logic to install viewers, to create multilingual applications and for failsafe fallback.
Vendor's Homepage Purchase $59.95 Download
- Designed to be compatible, reliable and powerful, and to allow you to be up and running in minutes, not hours
- Widely deployed and tested for over 5 years, used on millions of CDs and DVDs
- Text-based approach is powerful, yet lightweight and easy to master
- Complex HTML content can be created with existing authoring experience and tools
- Quietly takes care of numerous details (involving paths, messaging, spawning, etc.) required for compatibility with different applications and operating system versions (not the usual "ShellExecute wrapper")
- Extends the original AutoRun specification (which applies to executable files) by also allowing documents to be automatically opened when the medium is inserted
- Conditional code can be used to display messages, install recommended software (e.g. viewer for PDF, PowerPoint, Word, Flash, AVI or MPEG, or VB runtime), branch to menu window, etc.
- Multilingual support: automatically open localized documents and menu windows based on system language
- Menu windows created with MenuBox include support for custom window attributes (e.g. size, borders, full screen), application title and icon, color depth-optimized bitmaps, mouseover help texts, sound effects, launching programs, opening URLs, minimized/maximized options, printing documents, browsing directories, checking for software updates, etc.
- The MenuBox HTML browser container features an extended document object model (e.g. to launch applications or to close the MenuBox window via HTML and scripting, but without warning messages) and kiosk mode functionality (automatic reset, disabling of mouse text selection and context menus, etc.), and supports internet-enabled input devices (i.e. events for Back, Forward, Home, etc.)
- Can be used to fulfill AutoRun requirement of Windows Logo programs
- Redistributable runtime code is digitally signed using Authenticode (as AutoRun is increasingly perceived as a potential security risk, some policies may prevent the running of unsigned applications)
- Single, royalty-free, compact redistributable runtime file