Yaldex.com >> The Best Soft >> Utilities
Advanced RAR Password Recovery
A program for recovering lost or forgotten passwords for RAR/WinRAR archives!
File Size: 1.31 MB
License: Free to try
OS: Win95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP
Requirements: 32M RAM
20M free HD space
Advanced RAR Password Recovery can be used to recover lost or forgotten passwords for a RAR/WinRar archives. Unfortunately, there is no known method to extract the password from the compressed file; so the only available methods are brute-force and dictionary-based attacks.
Please take in mind, however, that RAR encryption is VERY strong, and even on very fast CPUs it is possible to test not more than a few thousand passwords per second. So brute-force attack is effective for short passwords only (up to 5 or 6 characters), and if the password is longer and dictionary attack didn't help -- you're out of luck.
- The program has a convenient user interface
- The program can work with archives containing only one encrypted file
- All compression methods are supported
- Self-extracting archives are supported
- The program is customizable : you can set the password length (or length range), the character set to be used to generate the passwords, and a lot of other options
- You can select the custom character set for brute-force attack (non-English characters are supported)
- Dictionary-based attack is available
- The "brute-force with mask" attack is available
- No special virtual memory requirements
- You can interrupt the program at any time, and restart from the same point later
- The program can work in the background , using the CPU only when it is in idle state