Yaldex.com >> The Best Soft >> Utilities
A file search and management software for Windows.
File Size: 1.63 MB
License: Free to try
OS: Win95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP
Requirements: 32M RAM
20M free HD space
As a file search and management software for Windows, Cool Find endeavours to provide you a widest scope and a highest efficiency in file search and management.
- Anything you can see in Windows Explorer can be found by Cool Find, including files on PC, LAN and etc.
- Files in compressed files ( ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, EAR, GZ, JAR, RAR, TAR, TBZ, TGZ, WAR, ZIP ) can be also searched and shown in search results as a category below the compressed file.
- Supports string search in files, including PDF Files, Unicode files and Microsoft Office files
- Display first line containing the search string
- Supports Drag, Drop and Copy of files, even including those in compressed file. You can extract files from these archives too
- Provide pre-defined file type group such as office documents, image files and audio files to simplify the search process. You can define your own file type group easily
- Cool Find can show the summary info of mp3 files, pdf files and office files in search results. Please see file types supported for details.
- Provide detail date and time term search including date and time of creating file, accessing file and modifying file
- New search in search results is supported.
- You can easily save your searches as macro and recall it with only a hot key.
- Cool Find can also be used as an Explorer. Press Ctrl key when you select a folder and the files in it will be shown in file list on right .
- If you press Shift key when you select a folder, the files in the folder will be filtered by current search option except include string option. and the result will be shown in search result list.
- The search result can be exported as text file, html file or a playlist file.
- Change file time and change file attributes
- Rename multiple files.
- Find Duplicate Files and Find Redundant Files help you optimize your hard disk
- Thumbnail view is supported. Jpg, bmp, tga, gif, tga, png, tif, wmf, emf, 3DS MAX, psd and avi files are supported in thumbnail view mode now.