Yaldex.com >> The Best Soft >> Utilities
WinTasks 4 Professional
With WinTasks 4 Professional, you pump up the speed of your PC - and stomp attacks on your precious privacy and security. In just a few clicks!
File Size: MB
License: Free to try
OS: Win95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP
Requirements: 32M RAM
20M free HD space
In the recesses of your computer, 20-30 invisible processes run silently in the background. Some hog system resources, turning your PC into a sluggish computer. Worse yet, other useless processes harbour spyware and Trojans - violating your privacy and giving hackers free reign on your computer. WinTasks 4 Professional can stop all of this now - you can ferret out these useless processes and make your computer run safer and faster. The perfect complement to firewalls and anti-virus software, WinTasks gives you complete control over all processes running on your personal computer. Based on years of research, this award-winning product gathers detailed information on all running processes. WinTasks then gives you simple explanations for thousands of programs - allowing you to remove useless resource hogs and security threats - in just a few clicks.
Vendor's Homepage Purchase $39.95 Download
System information displays the following:
Process Library allows you to:
- Number of processes running on the system.
- Total CPU and memory usage.
- Total physical memory.
- CPU and memory usage graphs for up to 24 hours.
Real-time Process Information allows you to:
- Read simple explanations for all processes.
- Access detailed information about processes, such as author and official process name.
- Use process categories including security risks and system processes.
- Use personal notes for any process, which you can easily copy to new system.
- Experienced software specialists create regular updates.
Process Management Features allow you to:
- See user friendly process names, for example: "Google - Microsoft Internet Explorer" instead of "iexplore.exe".
- Get executable name with full path, for example: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE.
- Read exact process priorities, for example: Normal(9).
- See number of threads used by each process.
- Get real-time CPU and memory usage per process.
- Sort processes by creation time to find new processes with ease.
- Get executable file properties and version information.
- Edit the name of a process to assign your own names to common processes.
- Access CPU and memory usage graphs per process for up to 24 hours.
- Use printable and exportable process reports, including detailed information about all running processes.
Startup Manager allows you to:
- Stop many processes with one click.
- Easily change process priorities.
- Launch new processes at any time.
- Create process presets to quickly restore all running processes and their priorities, while removing any processes not included in the preset.
DLL Information includes:
- Add new programs to the auto start sections in the registry.
- Remove auto started programs permanently by deleting their registry entries.
- Disable and enable auto started programs, temporarily allowing you to test different Startup settings.
- Identify auto started programs quickly with automatic process descriptions.
Logging Features allow you to:
- Software lists all DLLs used by a process.
- DLL log shows when DLLs are loaded.
- DLL descriptions for all common DLLs help you quickly identify any DLL
- Printable and exportable DLL reports include information about all DLLs used by a process.
Window Management includes:
- Log CPU and memory usage for up 24 hours.
- Log information about executed programs, DLLs, and windows for any period of time.
- Save detailed process information to text files, which can easily be imported into custom applications and databases.
Scripting Language includes:
- Feature lists windows per process with detailed information such as titles, visibility, and states.
- Window log shows when windows are created and closed.
- Feature closes any number of windows with one click.
- Feature controls window states, sizes, and visibility, allowing you to show or hide any program.
Additional Features do the following:
- Feature creates scripts that run silently in the background, monitoring and controlling all running programs.
- Scripts can access detailed process information, such as CPU and memory usage, to automatically control priorities and terminate suspicious processes.
- Scripts can search for specific executables and stop unwanted processes as soon as they are launched.
- Information, such as window titles and names, can identify processes related to specific documents and web pages.
- WinTasks can automatically be loaded as a background task when the computer is rebooted, allowing your scripts and logging tasks to run at all times.
- You can easily customize the user interface of the software, allowing you to adapt WinTasks to your needs.
- You can easily print or export information to Microsoft® Word documents and spreadsheets.