Yaldex.com >> The Best Soft >> Utilities
A powerful sheduling and automation software to releasing your time from completing routing computer operations.
File Size: 1.3 MB
License: Free to try
OS: Win95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP
Requirements: 32M RAM
20M free HD space
The xStarter application is intended for automation of routine computer operations.
It cannot create MS Word documents for you. But it's able to periodically backup your documents for their better integrity.
Special features of the Program:
- extended sheduler
- execution of tasks on system events
- set of action patterns for many kinds operations
- easily expandable set of automated operations
- quick action's start at tray menu
- multilingual interface
The Program's extended sheduler allows executing tasks:
- on pre-defined time
- after pre-defined time
- using advanced format (Cron)
Tasks can be performed on the following system events as well:
- xStarter startup
- creation/changing/deletion of files in a particular folder (subfolders)
- operations with other applications' windows (activation, opening, closure)
Tasks automated by the application are represented by sets of actions.
Currently, action templates are available for:
Every action is defined by a particular template, which consists of user interface form and a code in internal Pascal-like language.
- files/folders copying
- files/folders deleting
- Windows applications' startup
- Windows applications' terminate
- popup messages show-up
- computer shutdown/restart
- turning computer to sleep or wait modes
- NT services startup/stopping
- create archives (zip)
- create data archives with date in archive name (for creating archived snapshots of data)
- delete data archives (for example, can be deleted only old archives, but not created as monday)
- establish RAS connections (such as modem connection, VPN, GRPS modem, etc)
- disconnection of RAS connections
- keyboard and mouse macroses recording and playing
- memory free
- sending email messages with or without attachments
With the help of actions templates designer xStartDesigner, the set of available templates can be easily expanded.