Defines the contents of a field control in a report. This dialog box appears when you place a field control on a report or label.
|Depending on the setting of the _REPORTBUILDER system variable, this dialog may be replaced by an alternative user interface. For more information, see _REPORTBUILDER System Variable.|
- Specifies an expression, such as the name of a variable or table field. The expression is evalulated at report run-time as the report engine renders output from the Field control. Clicking the ellipsis (вЂ¦) button opens the Expression Builder so that you can build an expression. For more information, see Expression Builder Dialog Box.
- When a valid expression is displayed in the Expression box, you can specify a format in this text box. Choose the dialog button to display the Format (Field) dialog box if you want to specify the format for the field in your report. For more information, see Format Expressions for Field Controls.
- Field position
Specifies position of the field in the report.
FloatВ В В Specifies that the selected field move relative to the size of the surrounding fields.
Fix Relative to Top of BandВ В В Causes the field to remain in the position you give it in the Report or Label Designer and maintain that position relative to the top of the band.
Fix Relative to Bottom of BandВ В В Causes the field to remain in the position you give it in the Report or Label Designer and maintain that position relative to the bottom of the band.
- FloatВ В В Specifies that the selected field move relative to the size of the surrounding fields.
- Stretch with overflow
- Specifies that the bottom of a Field control is extended vertically down the page to contain the full value of the evaluated expression.
- Makes it possible for you to add comments to the .frx or .lbx file. Comments are for reference only and do not appear anywhere in the printed report or label.
- Displays the Calculate Field dialog box so you can select a calculation type to perform on the Field control expression and when to reset the calculation. For more information, see Calculate Field Dialog Box.
- Print When
- Displays the Print When dialog box so that you can specify the conditions that must be met before the text is printed in your report or label. For more information, see Print When Dialog Box.