Converts FoxPro 2.6 and Visual FoxPro 3.0 files to the current Visual FoxPro format, which is necessary when you want to use these files with later versions of Visual FoxPro.
For information about converting these older files, see How to: Convert Earlier Visual FoxPro Files.
- Convert both Macintosh and Windows form records
- Available only when converting FoxPro 2.6 screens or projects that contain platform-specific controls or information such as references to screen fonts or paths. If you select this option, the converter creates a separate form for each platform. The Windows version of the form will have the original name, and the Macintosh version will have the original name with the suffix "_MAC" added. If the original screen was part of a project, the new project is updated to include both new forms.
- Retain Visual FoxPro 3.0 default property values
- Applies only when converting Visual FoxPro 3.0 projects. Visual FoxPro format default property settings for fonts and colors are compliant with Windows 98 and sometimes different from Visual FoxPro 3.0 settings. If you select this option, your converted forms will retain the Visual FoxPro 3.0 property settings.
- Visible when using the Converter.app application as the converter tool. You can specify the file you want to convert. To browse for a file, click the ellipsis (...) button.
- Backup files
- Specify a directory for saving backup of files. To specify another directory, type the directory or click the ellipsis (...) button.
- Create log file
- Visible only when converting FoxPro 2.6 projects. You can save a list of the actions performed while converting your files to a log file.
- Functional conversion
- Visible only when converting FoxPro 2.6 screens or projects. This option creates form and control images and copies code to locations in object properties, events, and methods. Functional conversion provides immediate FoxPro 2.6 READ compatibility so you can use forms in Visual FoxPro without making extensive manual changes. To gain complete event model functionality, you must eliminate pages and page frames, change the form set WindowType Property, and manually relocate code in methods and events.
- Visual conversion
- Visible only when converting FoxPro 2.6 screens or projects. This option creates images of forms and all controls but copies all the code from the original FoxPro 2.6 project or screens to a noncompilable program (.prg) file. When you select this option, Visual FoxPro prompts you to create a .prg file. To move to full Visual FoxPro functionality without eliminating pages and page frames, changing the form set WindowType Property, and manually relocating code from object to object, choose VisualВ Conversion.
- Completes the file conversion process. Pressing Continue displays the Visual FoxPro Transporter dialog box only when converting Macintosh or MS-DOS files that have never contained Windows records. For more information, see Visual FoxPro Transporter Dialog Box.
- Visible when using the Converter.app application as the converter tool. You can convert all the files in a directory. When selected, this option enables you to specify or browse for the directory and select options that specify the types of files you want to convert. You can also specify whether to check subdirectories for convertible files.