These Solution samples illustrate application development tasks you can perform with databases.
In This Section
- Create a Default Unique ID Value for a Field Sample
- Illustrates how to use a stored procedure in a database to provide a default primary key value.
- Create Small Indexes Using BINTOC(В ) Sample
- Illustrates how to use various indexing schemes using numeric and integer data types to reduce index size and disk space.
- Index on Expressions Sample
- Illustrates several options you can consider when using a character field to represent a unique ID, often comprised of numeric data.
- Nest Transactions Sample
- Illustrates beginning, ending, and rolling back transactions.
- Programmatically Check Table Properties Sample
- Illustrates how to retrieve information about a table at run time.
- Sort or Order a Table at Run Time Sample
- Illustrates how to change the order in which table records are listed.
- Use DBC Events Sample
- Illustrates how database events make it possible for you to perform actions when a database and its objects are opened, accessed, or manipulated.
- Sample Class Libraries
- Contains sample class libraries that provide encapsulated functionality you can add to your applications.
- Visual FoxPro Foundation Classes A-Z
- Describes Visual FoxPro Foundation classes you can use for rapid application development.
- Reference (Visual FoxPro)
- Includes Visual FoxPro general, programming language, user interface, and error message reference topics.