This dialog box makes it possible for you to search for and replace specified text in the current file. To replace within tables, click Replace Field on the Table menu. The keyboard shortcut to access this dialog box is CTRL+L.
- Look For
- Specifies the text string to search for.
- Replace With
- Specifies the replacement text.
Defines the limits and direction of the search and replace. If you specify text to search for and do not get the expected results, make sure you have the following options selected:
Match CaseВ В В Replaces text that exactly matches the combination of uppercase and lowercase letters you type in the Look For box.
Wrap AroundВ В В Searches the current file, from the insertion point to the end of the file, and then from the beginning of the file to the original insertion point.
Match Whole WordВ В В Replaces distinct occurrences of words, except for embedded text.
Search BackwardВ В В Searches backwards from the current insertion point to the beginning of the file.
Use wildcardsВ В В Makes it possible for you to use wildcard characters in your search text.
- Match CaseВ В В Replaces text that exactly matches the combination of uppercase and lowercase letters you type in the Look For box.
Defines how extensive the search is. The Scope options are enabled when you are editing a procedure in a Code window.
Current ProcedureВ В В Searches only the current procedure, which is displayed in the Code window.
Current ObjectВ В В Searches all procedures (event code) in the current (selected) object.
All ObjectsВ В В Searches all procedures (event code) in all objects in the current form or form set.
- Current ProcedureВ В В Searches only the current procedure, which is displayed in the Code window.
- Find Next
- Finds the next occurrence of the string you typed in the Look For box. This button is not enabled until you type text in the Look For box.
- Changes the selected text to the text in the Replace With box. If you want to leave the selected text unchanged and move to the next occurrence, click Find Next.
- Replace All
- Finds and replaces all instances of the text in the Find What box with the text in the Replace With box. You can undo the replacements by choosing the Undo command.