Provides options for customizing editing functionality in the Command window and most Visual FoxPro editors. For example, these options do not apply to editing windows opened with the MODIFY FILE command and MODIFY MEMO command except where noted.
When you choose Set As Default, which appears on every tab in the dialog box, Visual FoxPro saves the settings in the Windows registry.
Provides options for specifying functionality for editing windows.
- Selection margin
- Specifies whether editors display a selection margin so you can select a line and specify breakpoints, bookmarks, or task list shortcuts. For more information, see How to: Create Bookmarks and Task List Shortcuts.
- Drag drop between words
- Specifies whether drag operations permit dragging into words or only between words.
- Enable hyperlinks
- Specifies whether editors recognize lines beginning with "http:/" as hyperlinks.
- Comment string
- Specifies the character that identifies a comment in code. The default comment string is *!*.
- Background Compile
Specifies a formatting style used to indicate invalid syntax when syntax coloring is turned on. When the current line of code that you are typing contains invalid syntax, Visual FoxPro displays the line of code with one of the following formatting styles:
Red InversionВ В В Invalid syntax appears red in color while valid keywords appear pink in color. (Default)
GrayВ В В Line containing invalid syntax appears gray in color.
UnderlineВ В В Line containing invalid syntax appears underlined.
NoneВ В В Invalid syntax is not indicated.
- Red InversionВ В В Invalid syntax appears red in color while valid keywords appear pink in color. (Default)
- Highlight duration
- Specifies the number of milliseconds to highlight statements in parenthetical or bracket delimiters. You can select one of the settings from the list or type any specific duration into the box manually.
Syntax color settings
Provides options for syntax coloring.
- Specifies the program element to set font and color styles for. When you make your selection, the other options are updated with values appropriate for the selected area.
- Font style
- Specifies a font style for the selected area. For example, to display all comments in programs in italic, select Comments in the Area box, then select Italic in the Font style box.
- Specifies a color for the text of the selected area. To use the default color set in the Control Panel, select Automatic.
- Specifies a background color for the selected area. For example, to show comments in yellow text on a blue background, choose Comments in the Area box, select yellow in Foreground, and then select blue in Background. To use the default color set in the Control Panel, select Automatic.
- Sample area
- Displays the effect of your settings.
- Reset All
- Sets syntax coloring to the Visual FoxPro default settings.