Closes various file types.
CLOSE [ALL | ALTERNATE | DATABASES [ALL] | DEBUGGER | FORMAT | INDEXES | PROCEDURE | TABLES [ALL]]
Closes all open databases, tables, and indexes in the current and any inactive data sessions and selects work area 1. CLOSE ALL also closes any files opened with the FCREATE(В ) and FOPEN(В ) low-level file functions, and any procedure files opened with SET PROCEDURE. CLOSE ALL does not close a file opened with SET PRINT.
CLOSE ALL also closes the following:
- Form Designer
- CLOSE ALTERNATE
- Closes an alternate file opened with SET ALTERNATE.
- CLOSE DATABASES [ALL]
Closes the current database in the current data session and its tables. If there is no current database, all open free tables, indexes, and format files in all work areas in the current data session are closed, and work area 1 is selected.
The ALL keyword specifies to close the following items in current and all inactive data sessions and that work area 1 is selected:
Note: Using CLOSE DATABASES in the Command window does not close a database if the database was opened in the Project Manager by expanding its node or when a form is running in its own data session. Under these circumstances, the database remains open until the Project Manager closes the database or until the form using the database closes.
All open databases and their tables, except for currently selected databases in other data sessions or databases and their tables that are open in other data sessions.
All open free tables.
All indexes and format files in all work areas.
- All open databases and their tables, except for currently selected databases in other data sessions or databases and their tables that are open in other data sessions.
- CLOSE DEBUGGER
- Closes the Visual FoxPro debugger.
- CLOSE FORMAT
- Closes a format file in the current work area opened with SET FORMAT.
- CLOSE INDEXES
- Closes all open index files (both single-entry .idx and independent compound .cdx files) in the current work area. A structural compound index (a .cdx file automatically opened with the table) is not closed.
- CLOSE PROCEDURE
- Closes a procedure file opened with SET PROCEDURE.
- CLOSE TABLES [ALL]
- Closes all tables in the currently selected database. CLOSE TABLES closes all free tables in all work areas if a database isn't open. Include ALL to close all tables in all databases, and all free tables. All databases remain open. CLOSE TABLES should not be issued when a transaction is in progress; Visual FoxPro will generate an error message.