If Visual FoxPro does not include the features you require for your application, you can extend the capabilities of Visual FoxPro by creating external libraries, for example, a Microsoft ActiveX control (.ocx) file or Visual FoxPro dynamic-link library (FLL) file.
Visual FoxPro includes the Library Construction Kit, which contains the files Pro_Ext.h, WinAPIMS.lib, and OcxAPI.lib so you can create ActiveX controls and FLLs.
|The Library Construction Kit has a limit of 65,000 elements for arrays.|
In This Section
- Library or ActiveX Object Creation
- Explains extending the capabilities of Visual FoxPro by creating external libraries that accomplish tasks required by your application.
- How to: Create a Basic ActiveX Object
- Describes how to create an ActiveX control.
- Creating Visual FoxPro Dynamic-Link Libraries
- Provides information about creating Visual FoxPro dynamic-link libraries.
- FoxInfo Structure
- Describes the FoxInfo structure used to communicate function names and parameter descriptions between Visual FoxPro and your FLL library.
- FoxTable Structure
- Describes the FoxTable structure which keeps track of all the FoxInfo structures you have for a given library.
- How to: Add Visual FoxPro API Calls
- Describes how to integrate your external library with Visual FoxPro using Visual FoxPro API routines.
- Parameters in External Libraries
- Describes how to pass arguments to parameters in external libraries.
- How to: Return Values from ActiveX Controls and FLL Libraries
- Describes how to return values from external libraries to Visual FoxPro.
- Passing Parameters to Visual FoxPro API Functions
- Explains how Visual FoxPro API routines require parameters of a particular Visual FoxPro data structure.
- Access to Visual FoxPro Variables and Fields
- Explains accessing Visual FoxPro variables or field values in your ActiveX control or FLL function.
- Memory Management Using the Visual FoxPro API
- Provides an overview about managing memory using the Visual FoxPro API.
- How to: Manage Memory
- Describes how the Visual FoxPro API provides direct access to the Visual FoxPro dynamic memory manager.
- How to: Build and Debug Libraries and ActiveX Controls
- Describes how to build and debug ActiveX controls and FLLs.