Specifies information for publishing Visual FoxPro COM (.dll) servers as XML Web services that can be accessed on the Web. The Visual FoxPro XML Web Services Publisher dialog box appears when you click Publish an XML Web Service in the XML Web Services pane in the Task Pane Manager or when you click Web Services on the Wizards menu from the Tools menu.
|The Visual FoxPro XML Web Services Publisher dialog box uses the Web Services Description Language (WSDL) generation engine from the SOAP Toolkit version 3.0. Therefore, certain complex types might not be supported. For more details about the WSDL or WSML files generated by the Visual FoxPro XML Web Services Publisher, see the SOAP Toolkit 3.0 documentation.|
The Visual FoxPro XML Web Services Publisher dialog box uses the default URL location (virtual directory) for its settings. You can display and modify these default settings by clicking Advanced in the Publisher dialog box. Settings are preserved so that you can later republish your XML Web service with newly generated support files.
- COM Server
- Specifies the file name of the COM server to be published. Click the Ellipsis (...) button to select a COM server (.dll or .exe file). By default, a COM Server associated with an active project is displayed. The COM Server box lists all COM Servers associated with open projects and any previously published COM Servers.
- Select Class
- Specifies an individual class (OLEPUBLIC) of the COM Server to be published. The Select Class box lists all classes in the COM Server.
Displays the Advanced dialog box so that you can modify the default settings for the XML Web service you want to publish and for the support files generated for the XML Web service. These settings are used when you click Generate. They are preserved so that you can republish the XML Web service later with newly generated support files. The following settings are available:
В В В Specifies the name of the XML Web service to create. When generating the WSDL (and ASP) files, use this file name.
Listener URIВ В В Specifies the URL for the WSDL and ASP file.
This box lists suggested locations based on the set of virtual directories on your default Web server. Clicking the Ellipsis (...) button displays the Visual FoxPro XML Web Service Location dialog box so you can choose an existing or new virtual directory. For more information, see Visual FoxPro XML Web Service Location Dialog Box.
File(s) LocationВ В В Displays the physical location of the generated WSDL files. This location is determined by the location specified by clicking the Ellipsis (...) button on the right side of the ListenerВ URI box.
Listener TypeВ В В Specifies whether the XML Web service uses an ISAPI or ASP listener. The ISAPI listener is the default option and offers the fastest performance. If an ASP listener is specified, an ASP file is created along with the WSDL files when the Generate button is clicked.
ASP listener ApplicationВ В В Displays the application name used in the ASP script of the listener file.
VBScriptВ В В Specifies that the ASP listener file uses VBScript as the scripting language.
JScriptВ В В Specifies that the ASP listener file uses JScript as the scripting language.
Automatically generateВ В В Creates a project hook with the COM Server project so that XML Web service support files are automatically generated when the COM Server is rebuilt.
Generate with UTF-16В В В Uses UTF-16 Unicode encoding when generating WSDL files. With UTF-16 encoding, every character uses two bytes. With UTF-8 encoding, most characters, for example, English characters, use one byte each. Other characters, such as Asian or Arabic, use up to three bytes each. Therefore, it is better to save files in UTF-16 format.
MethodsВ В В Specifies a list of available methods in the selected COM Server class. Only selected methods are included as operations in the generated WSDL XML Web service file.
WSDL Namespace URIВ В В Specifies the namespace used for definitions in the WSDL document.
Schema Type Definition Namespace URIВ В В Specifies the namespace used for schema references in the WSDL document.
Message Namespace URIВ В В Specifies the namespace used for input or output messages, or method calls, in the WSDL document.
Base SOAP Action URIВ В В Specifies the URI used for operations in the WSDL document.
- Service Name В В В Specifies the name of the XML Web service to create. When generating the WSDL (and ASP) files, use this file name.
- STK3 Wizard
- Opens the SOAP Toolkit 3.0 WSDL Generator so that you can create a WSDL file from a COM object. You can use this wizard as an alternate method for publishing your COM Server as an XML Web service and contains many of the same options as the Visual FoxPro XML Web Services Publisher.
- Generates all the XML Web service support files necessary to publish your COM server as an XML Web service including an ASP listener and WSDL files.