Visual FoxPro supports OLE drag-and-drop, a powerful and useful tool that makes it possible for you to move data between other applications that support OLE drag-and-drop (such as Visual FoxPro, Visual Basic, the Windows Explorer, Microsoft Word and Excel, and so on). In a distributed Visual FoxPro application, you can move data between controls in the application or between controls and other Window applications that support OLE drag-and-drop.
Note that previous versions of Visual FoxPro supported a programmatic drag-and-drop feature for controls, making it possible for you to move controls on a form. This form of drag and drop is still supported in Visual FoxPro. However, if you choose to implement drag and drop support in your applications, you should exclusively use either programmatic drag-and-drop for controls or OLE drag-and-drop вЂ“ don't mix the two types of drag-and-drop support.
In This Section
- Dragging and Dropping Data
- Describes the basics of OLE drag-and-drop functionality.
- Design-Time OLE Drag-and-Drop Support
- Describes how using OLE drag-and-drop in Visual FoxPro makes developing applications faster and easier.
- Run-Time OLE Drag-and-Drop Support
- Describes how to use OLE drag-and-drop support during runtime in your applications.
- How to: Implement Intrinsic and Manual OLE Drag-and-Drop Modes
- Explains how to implement the two modes of OLE drag-and-drop for controls in Visual FoxPro.
- Interoperability and the Internet
- Provides links to information on how you can move data between Visual FoxPro and other applications as well as within Visual FoxPro applications.