MicrosoftВ® Visual FoxProВ® provides you with the tools to create powerful client/server applications. A Visual FoxPro client/server application combines the power, speed, graphical user interface and sophisticated querying, reporting, and processing of Visual FoxPro with the seamless multiuser access, massive data storage, built-in security, robust transaction processing, logging, and native server syntax of an ODBC data source or server. The synergy of Visual FoxPro and server strengths provides a powerful client/server solution for your users.
The most important step in building a successful client/server application is creating a good design. When you design a client/server application, you're balancing several sets of requirements. You want to build the fastest, most productive application for your users. You also want to ensure the integrity of application data, make the most of existing hardware investments, and build in scalability for the future. In addition, as a Visual FoxPro developer, you want to make the development process as streamlined and cost-efficient as possible.
In This Section
- Optimizing Client/Server Performance
- Building a fast, high-performance client/server application with MicrosoftВ® Visual FoxProВ® involves taking advantage of the tremendous speed of the Visual FoxPro engine.
- Performance Enhancement through Set-Based Data Access
- Explains how you can build a fast, efficient client/server application by minimizing the amount of data you pull down from the server.
- Data Location on the Optimal Platform
- Learn how to get maximum performance by storing data and other attributes of your database on the optimal platform.