There are many critical issues to consider in server design. Certain behaviors, processes, and limitations can determine the effectiveness of your server application.
In This Section
- Selecting Process Types
- Discusses the different services provided by in-process and out-of-process servers, and what effect they have on the user interface of your application.
- Controlling Call Blocking
- Describes how SingleUse Objects and Apartment-model threading can be used to control issues of call blocking and enhance the scalability of your applications.
- Selecting a Run-time Library
- Provides information on using Visual FoxPro API calls, scalability issues, reentrancy, and resource contention.
- Language Supported in Run-Time Libraries
- Discusses Visual FoxPro commands, functions, and system variables that are not supported in the multithreaded Visual FoxPro run-time library.