The Report Output Application provides ReportListener object references to the Visual FoxPro Report System at run time. You designate an application or program for this purpose by supplying its filename in the _REPORTOUTPUT system variable. The ReportOutput.app file, located in the main Visual FoxPro directory, provides Visual FoxPro 9's default implementation of the Report Output Application.
The requirements a Report Output Application must fulfill are simple. For a full listing of these requirements, and for further recommendations, see _REPORTOUTPUT System Variable.
ReportOutput.app fulfills this responsibility and showcases Visual FoxPro's ability to provide enhanced output, in the following ways:
Managing a cache of Listener object references.
Providing new output results, by supplying references to ReportListener XML Foundation Class and ReportListener HTML Foundation Class. For more information, see ReportListener Foundation Classes.
Providing enhanced run-time feedback for вЂњtraditionalвЂќ print and preview output types, by supplying references to ReportListener User Feedback Foundation Class.
Managing a registry of output types for user-added extensions and new output results.
This section covers the features of the default Report Output Application (ReportOutput.app).
In This Section
- Understanding the Report Output Application
- Discusses the features of the default Report Output Application.
- How to: Specify an Alternate Report Output Registry Table
- Describes how to create the Report Output Application's registry table and how to indicate the registry table you want the Report Output Application to use.
- How to: Register Custom ReportListeners and Custom OutputTypes in the Report Output Registry Table
- Describes how to add your own entries to the Report Output Application's registry table.
- How to: Use the Report Output Application's Reference Collection
- Describes how to use the Report Output Application's collection of references to ReportListener objects.
- How to: Specify and Distribute Report Output Application Components
- Provides instructions for distributing the Report Output Application's registry table and other components with your applications.