The Table tab appears in the Table Designer. It contains read-only information about the table and areas for setting the record-level rule and validation error text, triggers, and comments.
|If you are modifying a free table, only the read-only statistics for the table are displayed on this tab. Free tables cannot have associated rules, triggers, or comments.|
- Specifies the name of the table being created or modified. For database tables, the table name appears in the Project Manager; it is not the file name. Long names up to 128 characters are supported.
- Displays the name of the database to which the table belongs if the table is not a free table. This box is read-only.
Displays read-only about the table.
- Table file
- Displays the path and file name for the table.
- Displays the quantity of rows currently stored in the table.
- Displays the quantity of columns defined in the table structure.
- Displays the length of the table.
Sets the row-level rule, validation error text, and a comment for the table. The button to the right of each setting displays the Expression Builder Dialog Box.
- Validation Rule
- Specifies a record-level rule for enforcing data validation.
- Validation Text
- Specifies the error message to be displayed if an entry fails to conform to the record-level validation rule.
Specifies rules for updates, inserts, and deletes.
- INSERT Trigger
- Specifies a rule to be triggered every time a record is inserted or appended to the table. Click the dialog button to display the Expression Builder Dialog Box.
- UPDATE Trigger
- Specifies a rule to be triggered every time a record is updated in the table. Click the dialog button to display the Expression Builder Dialog Box.
- DELETE Trigger
- Specifies a rule to be triggered every time a record is deleted from the table. Click the dialog button to display the Expression Builder Dialog Box.
- Table Comment
- Provides space for you to type a comment about the table. Whatever you type here appears as the description at the bottom of the Project Manager when this table is selected.