Visual FoxPro uses stored definitions of classes in class library files. You can perform tasks such as create class libraries, add classes and subclasses, copy and rename classes, redefine parent class relationships, and remove classes from class libraries.
Visual FoxPro provides several means for managing classes and class libraries. However, using the Class Browser to manage classes updates projects and forms as well as class libraries. Changes that you make in the Class Browser propagate through every class library (.vcx) and form (.scx) file that is open in the Class Browser.
In This Section
- Operating the Class Browser
- Describes working with the Class Browser.
- How to: Create Class Libraries
- Describes the methods for creating class libraries.
- How to: Open Class Libraries
- Describes how to open class libraries.
- How to: Add Classes and Subclasses to Class Libraries
- Describes how to add new classes and subclasses to existing class libraries.
- How to: Rename Classes in Class Libraries
- Describes the methods to rename a class within a class library.
- How to: Copy Classes Between Class Libraries
- Describes the process to copy a class from one class library to another class library.
- How to: Redefine Parent Class Relationships
- Describes the method to change the parent class of a class.
- How to: Remove Classes from Class Libraries
- Describes how to remove a class from a class library.
- How to: View Type Library Information
- Describes how to view type library information.