Latest Release of Hyperic HQ
Hyperic HQ Version 4.1 improves Web services administration/configuration and MySQL plugin performance
Hyperic Inc., the leading provider of web application performance monitoring software for the datacenter and the cloud, today released the latest update of its flagship product, Hyperic HQ.
Hyperic HQ Version 4.1 adds support for Oracle 11G and offers new web services API features for richer reporting information on inventory, metric templates, alerts, escalations, users, and roles, as well as improvements to the MySQL plugin to optimize performance capturing stats while also adding new replication monitoring.
Specific new features in Hyperic 4.1 include:
* Audit Logger – Events around changes to alerts will now be written to the database with an indication of the user that performed the action. Auditing will also optionally be configured to write to a log file.
* Support for Private Groups - Users that are authorized to create groups may designate a group to be “private”. Private groups are invisible to other users, including admin users. You will be able to share a private group by associating it with a role.
* Additional “Add to Group” Options - You will be able to add a resource to an existing, as well as a new, group on the Browse Resource page.
* Additional Delete Option - The Tools menu for any resource will allow you to delete the resource or add it to a new group.
* Additional Alert Acknowledge and Fix Options - New options on the Alert Center page will allow you to acknowledge and fix selected alerts, and to annotate acknowledgments. A new option in the Recent Alerts portlet will allow you to acknowledge Alerts as well as fix them.
* Search Returns Usernames - The Search button in upper right corner of each page in user interface now returns users, as well as resources.
Hyperic HQ 4.1 HQ Server will be deployed using JBoss 4.2.3, an upgrade from JBoss 4.0.3 used in previous HQ releases.
Hyperic (http://www.hyperic.com) provides open source and enterprise monitoring and management software for all types of web applications, whether hosted in the cloud or on premise. Its software powers the management and monitoring offerings of technology leaders like Contegix, Rackspace's Mosso, JBoss/Red Hat, MySQL/Sun Microsystems, SpringSource, Iona, and more. Its award-winning Hyperic HQ software auto-discovers and updates asset inventory and allows operations teams to quickly pinpoint, correct, and prevent problems at every major layer–including hardware, networks, virtualization, cloud environments and applications. Founded in 2004 and headquartered in San Francisco, California, Hyperic is a private company funded by Accel Partners and Benchmark Capital.
Submit Press Release