You can incorporate the power and flexibility of applications, such as Microsoft Excel and Word, in your Visual FoxPro applications by adding and using OLE objects.
In This Section
- Designing an OLE Application
- Explains how linking or embedding OLE objects can extend an applications power and flexibility by incorporating OLE objects from OLE-capable applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- How to: Add OLE Objects to Applications
- Describes how to add OLE objects to your application.
- How to: Edit OLE Objects in Forms and Tables
- Describes how to edit embedded or linked objects on a form.
- How to: Use ActiveX Controls
- Describes how to use ActiveX controls in an application. ActiveX controls are objects with encapsulated functionality and exposed properties, events, and methods.
- Manipulating Objects with Automation
- Discusses how to manipulate objects, such as, OLE objects or ActiveX objects inside OLE Container controls, using code in the same way that you can program native Visual FoxPro objects.
- Table Designer (Visual FoxPro)
- Provides links to topics that explain the Table designer in Visual FoxPro.
- MODIFY GENERAL Command
- Describes the MODIFY GENERAL command and its use to open a editing windows for general fields in a tables current record.
- APPEND GENERAL Command
- Describes the APPEND GENERAL command its use to import an OLE object from a file and place it into a general field in a table.