Program files contain code for executing a series of instructions. Storing code in a program (.prg) file offers benefits such as the following:
You can create and save programs to run later instead of running them immediately.
You can edit programs in Visual FoxPro editing windows and format code blocks or entire program files.
You can edit and run programs multiple times.
You can run programs from menus, forms, and toolbars.
You can use programs to run other programs.
When your program is part of a project, you can also search for and replace code references and text and view definitions of code elements found in searches in the current program file. For more information, see How to: Search For Code References and How to: View Code Definitions.
In This Section
- How to: Create Programs
- Describes how to create a Visual FoxPro program.
- How to: Edit Programs
- Describes how to edit programs after you create them.
- How to: Format Code in Programs
- Describes how you can set formatting options and apply them to code in programs.
- How to: Save Programs
- Describes how to save the programs after you create and edit them.
- How to: Run Programs
- Describes how to run programs.