You can create applications and programs by learning about and using Visual FoxPro's programming language and capabilities.
In This Section
- Basic Programming Concepts
- Provides an overview of programming fundamentals necessary to work in Visual FoxPro, including data storage, data types, containers, operators, commands, and controlling program flow.
- Working with Programs
- Introduces how to create and work with Visual FoxPro programs, which are text files containing instructions using the Visual FoxPro language.
- Working with Procedures and Functions
- Introduces how to call native functions as well as user-defined functions and procedures, provides an overview and aspects of user-defined functions and procedures, and how to create functions and procedures.
- Passing Data to Parameters
- Discusses ways and how to pass data to parameters.
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Discusses how you can create self-contained application components that respond to user actions and to the system and which can be easily maintained and reused.
- Accessing APIs
- Discusses how you can extend an application by taking advantage of external libraries such as Microsoft ActiveX controls or dynamic-link libraries (DLLs).
- How to: Create Quit Routines
- Describes how to create customized quit routines when users quit your application, Visual FoxPro, or Microsoft Windows.