Careful planning saves time, effort, money, and sanity. The more you involve your end users in the planning process, the better. No matter how carefully you plan, though, you'll probably end up refining the specifications as you progress through the project and your end users provide feedback.
In This Section
- Design Considerations
- Discusses how the design decision you make will impact how you create your application.
- Application Architecture
- Describes how Visual FoxPro application architecture varies with the type of application you decide to create.
- Security Considerations (Visual FoxPro)
- Shows how you should be aware of security requirements from a business perspective and the implications that a chosen security model can have on performance, scalability, and deployment.
- Planning for Team Development Projects
- Discusses how using source control software, such as Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, to manage the files in a project makes it possible to create complex applications quickly by combining the skills of a team of developers.
- Developing International Applications
- Shows how to design Visual FoxPro applications so they are as effective internationally as domestically using the international features of Visual FoxPro.