An application framework includes the project file and a starter class library subclassed from the Visual FoxPro base classes, ready for you to populate with new or existing tables and documents.
- Master Include File
- This common #INCLUDE file is used by components with settings and strings. The file also includes the APP_GLOBAL value, the name used by components for referencing.
- Configuration File
- An optional Config.fpw used for applications such as top-level forms in order to implement settings such as SCREEN=OFF.
- Project Hook Class
- Controls events related to the project such as adding new files. It also can access Application Builder for setting actions and properties of file interaction within the application.
- Application Meta Table
- Contains information such as project settings made or used by the Application Builder and Project Hooks.
- Application Builder
- Facilitates adding components to the project and setting properties such as navigation options.
The framework allows you to specify whether to create a complete application or just an application framework. If you choose to create a complete application, you can either include in the application a database and forms or reports you have already created, or you can create a new application from scratch using a database template. If you choose to create a framework, you can go back later and add components to the framework.