When you want a customized and updatable data set for your application, you can create and use views. Views combine the characteristics of tables and queries by providing a way to retrieve records from one or more related tables or views. You can create views using single or multiple tables or views, use views to update data in tables and display data, update views, and move data offline for manipulation.
In This Section
- Creating Views
- Provides an overview of creating views and describes how to create different types of views.
- Managing Views
- Describes tasks you can perform to manage views.
- Displaying Data in Views
- Describes different ways you can display views.
- Updating Data in Views
- Describes how to update data in views and their base tables.
- Manipulating Offline Data
- Describes how to move data in views offline
- How to: Optimize View Performance
- Explains how to set performance and data fetching options.