Visual FoxPro uses tables to store data in row and column format. These rows and columns are known as records and fields, respectively. Building databases also includes creating tables. When designing your database, you determined the items you needed in databases, such as tables, fields, and relationships, for your application. When you create tables, you make more specific choices concerning the details of those items, for example, data types, captions, and possible default values for each field, triggers for each table, and table indexes needed to establish relationships between tables.
In This Section
- Creating Tables
- Introduces tables and considerations for creating tables.
- Managing Tables
- Describes tasks for managing and working with tables.
- Working with Fields
- Introduces creating and working with fields in tables.
- Working with Records
- Introduces records, how to view them, and how to use them to store data in tables.
- Working with Table Indexes
- Explains how to control the order and increase the speed for processing records in tables by creating indexes.
- Working with Validation Rules
- Introduces validation rules for controlling data entered in database tables.
- Trigger Usage
- Gives a description of triggers and how they are used and points to topics on creating, modifying, removing, and deleting triggers.