This tab in the List Box builder specifies items to fill the list box.
In the Fill the List With box, you specify the kind of data with which to fill the list. The selection you make here determines which options appear on this tab. The options are Fields from a Table or View, Data Entered by Hand, and Values from an Array.
Fields from a Table or View
- Databases and Tables
- Lists the available databases and the option to select free tables. To find a database or table, click the dialog button, which displays the Open dialog box.
- List of Tables
- Displays tables and views in the selected database or free tables.
- Available Fields
- Shows all fields in the selected table or view. Select the fields whose data you want in your list box.
- Arrow Buttons
- Adds fields to and removes fields from the Selected Fields list.
- Selected Fields
Displays the fields that will be used to fill the list. This option corresponds to the RowSource property.
Note: You must choose this option in order to hide the column from the Layout tab.
Data Entered by Hand
- Specifies the number of columns in the list. This option corresponds to the ColumnCount property.
- Column Grid
- Displays the columns in which to enter data. Type the data in the grid cells. You can size the columns by dragging the lines between the column headers with the mouse. Use the arrow keys to move through the columns. This option corresponds to the RowSource property.
Values from an Array
- Array Name
- Specifies the name of an array. This option corresponds to the RowSource property.
- Entire Array
- Specifies that the entire array will fill the list.
- Range of the Array
- Specifies that a part of the array will fill the list.
- Column and Row Range
- Specifies the starting and ending column and row as the array range. These options are available when you select Range of the Array. This option corresponds to the FirstElement property, NumberOfElements property, and ColumnCount property.
For more information, see Creating Forms.