The Indexes tab in the Table Designer makes it possible for you to create indexes for a table.
- Mover button
- Moves an index entry up or down the list. Appears as button with a double-headed arrow to the left of the index row after you enter two or more rows.
- Specifies the sort order for the index. An up arrow indicates an ascending sort; a down arrow, descending.
- Specifies the index tag name for the index. The arrow button to the left of the index name specifies ascending or descending order. Select the index, and then click on the arrow button to change the order.
Specifies an optional index type. A table can have only one index set as the primary index in the Type column.
For more information about index types, see Visual FoxPro Index Types.
Note: If a table contains an index with Unique type, the Table Designer displays that type; however, the designer no longer provides the Unique type as an available option.
- Specifies the index expression, such as a field name. Click the button to create or edit an expression in the Expression Builder Dialog Box. An expression can be up to 240 characters.
- Specifies the filter expression. Click the button to create or edit an expression in the Expression Builder dialog box.
- Specifies a collating sequence for the index tag. Click the arrow to select a Visual FoxPro collating sequence from the drop-down list. The default setting is "Machine".
- Insert Button
- Inserts a new index above the selected index in the grid.
- Delete button
- Deletes the selected index from the grid.