Use to open an existing file or create a new file. This dialog box appears when you select Open from the File menu.
Previously opened projects appear at the bottom of the File menu. You can open a previously opened project by choosing its name from the bottom of the File menu.
|Files created with the Open command are not added to a project.|
The GETFILE(В ) function corresponds to the Open Dialog Box. For example, this dialog box appears when you type
? GETFILE( ) in the Command window.
- Look in
- Displays a drop-down list of locations where you can look for your file. On Windows 2000 and Windows XP operating systems, the Places bar on the left side of the dialog box displays common locations such as My Documents and Desktop. Click one of these icons to make the corresponding location appear in the drop-down list.
- File name
- Displays the name of the currently selected file or allows you to specify the file you want to open.
- Class Library
- Specifies the name of the class library. This box appears only when opening a class library or when using AGETCLASS( ) or MODIFY CLASS.
- Files of type
- Displays a list of file types. You can select a file type from the drop-down list to display only files of a particular type. The following extensions are no longer used in this version of Visual FoxPro: .lbl, .fpc, .cat, and .frm.
- Class Name
- Displays classes stored in the class library displayed in the Class Name box. This list appears only when opening a class library or when using AGETCLASS( ) or MODIFY CLASS.
- Open as read-only
- Specifies that the file you open can be viewed but not modified.
Saves all environment settings with the file and opens the associated environment when you open the file.
This option is available when you choose Form, Label, or Report from the List Files of Type list and is checked by default. To open a form, label, or report without opening an associated environment, clear the check box.
Note: The Environment check box appears only in versions prior to Visual FoxPro 8.0.
- Open exclusive
- Specfies that you can use a table (.dbf) or database (.dbc) file exclusively so that no other user can open the file. This option is available only when opening a table. Corresponds to the USE command.
- Code Page
- Displays the Code Page dialog box so you can specify the code page needed to view the file correctly. This command applies only to text files such as program (.prg), query (.qpr), and text (.txt) files.
Specifies that you can preview graphic files when they are selected in the files list. This check box appears only when you can open or select a graphics file. For example, this check box appears in the Open dialog when you add an Image control to a form and double-click the Picture property in the Properties window.
Note: The Preview check box appears only when running Visual FoxPro on operating systems earlier than Windows 2000. You can preview images in Windows 2000 and later by clicking the View Menu icon near the top of the dialog box and then Thumbnails.