Microsoft Visual FoxPro gives you more of everything you have come to expect in a database management system (DBMS) вЂ” speed, power, and flexibility. In addition, Visual FoxPro leads you into the next generation by providing object and event models that help you create and modify applications faster than ever before.
The following topics walk you through some of the major features in Visual FoxPro. For information on the newest enhancements in this version of Visual FoxPro, see What's New in Visual FoxPro.
In This Section
- Rapid Application Creation
- Discusses how you can develop applications rapidly with help from Visual FoxPro wizards, builders, toolbars, and designers, and implement them quickly using the Visual FoxPro object and event models.
- Advantages of More Power
- Describes how you can take advantage of Visual FoxPro's object-oriented programming capabilities as well as features such as Rushmore Query Optimization technology to improve performance and speed up application development.
- User Interface Creation without Programming
- Discusses the powerful controls provided by Visual FoxPro that give you interfaces that require little or no coding.
- Application Development with Several Developers
- Discusses using Visual FoxPro to enable simultaneous access to database components and using source control programs with the Project Manager to track and protect changes to your source code.
- Interaction with Other Applications
- Provides information about sharing data with other applications, such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, using objects from other applications, and controlling other applications using automation.
- Client/Server Solution Development
- Discusses how you can use Visual FoxPro as a front end for developing robust client/server applications. It combines the higher-level support of updatable views of server data with direct access to native server syntax using SQL pass-through.