Makes it possible for you to create a custom property and specify attributes for that property.
This dialog box appears when you choose New Property on the Form menu that appears when the Form Designer is open or the Class menu that appears when the Class Designer is open.
- Specifies the name of the new property.
- Visibility (Class Designer only)
Specifies the level of visibility for the property:
PublicВ В В Access is available from anywhere in an application.
ProtectedВ В В Restricts access to the property to class members and subclasses can access protected properties. Object instances cannot access this property.
HiddenВ В В Restricts access to the property to class members only. Object instances and subclasses cannot access hidden properties.
- PublicВ В В Access is available from anywhere in an application.
- Access Method
- Specifies if an Access method is created for the new property. The code in an Access method is executed whenever the property is queried. Select this check box to create an Access method for a property.
- Assign Method
- Specifies if an Assign method is created for the new property. The code in an Assign method is executed whenever you attempt to change the value of the property. Select this check box to create an Assign method for a property.
- Default Value
- Specifies a default value for the property. The default value is preset to False (.F.).
- Contains the method description to be displayed at the bottom of the Properties window in the Class Designer and, if the property is not protected, in the Form Designer.