Makes it possible for you to edit existing properties and methods or add new properties and methods.
This dialog box appears when you choose Edit Property/Method on the Form menu that appears when the Form Designer is open or the Class menu that appears when the Class Designer is open.
|For forms and form sets, the property or method is scoped to the standalone form or form set, as applicable.|
- Property/Method Information
Displays information about properties and methods added to a form, form set, or class. You can sort columns in ascending or descending alphabetical order by clicking the column header. You can resize the columns by clicking and dragging between column headers.
The name of each property and method.
Property (P) or method (M).
Indicates if a property has a corresponding Access method. Yes indicates the property has an Access method, No indicates the property doesn't have an Access method.
Indicates if a property has a corresponding Assign method. Yes indicates the property has an Assign method, No indicates the property doesn't have an Assign method.
Indicates the visibility of a property or method. For a form or form set, the visibility of properties and methods is always Public. For a class, the visibility can be Public, Protected, or Hidden.
For more information, see Protecting and Hiding Class Members.
Tip: In the Class Designer, you can set the same level of visibility for all selected properties and methods by selecting multiple properties and methods. Note: All public properties and methods appear in type libraries created for in-process .dll files and out-of-process executable (.exe) files. By selecting multiple properties and methods and setting their visibility level to Protected or Hidden, you can prevent the selected properties and methods from appearing in the type libraries.
- New Property
- Displays the New Property dialog box, allowing you to create a new property. For more information, see New Property Dialog Box.
- New Method
- Displays the New Method dialog box, making it possible for you to create a new method. For more information, see New Method Dialog Box.
- Removes the selected property or method.
- Property/Method Name
- Displays the name of the currently selected property or method.
- Access Method
- Specifies if a property has an Access method whose code is executed whenever the property is queried. Select this check box to create an Access method for a property. Clear the check box to remove an Access Method.
- Assign Method
- Specifies if a property has an Assign method whose code is executed whenever you attempt to change the value of the property. Select this check box to create an Assign method for a property. Clear the check box to remove an Assign Method.
- Contains the property or method description that displays at the bottom of the Properties Window in the Class Designer and, if the property is not protected, in the Form Designer.
- Visibility (Classes Only)
- Specifies whether the class is Public, Protected, or Hidden.
- Applies changes made to a property or method.
- Closes the dialog box.