When you use Visual FoxPro to design and run applications, you want to get the best performance from your operating system, from Visual FoxPro, and from your application.
In This Section
- Optimizing Tables and Indexes
- Describes how you can speed access to data in tables by using indexes and by using buffering efficiently. In addition, you can use Rushmore Query Optimization technology to optimize your queries.
- Using Rushmore Query Optimization to Speed Data Access
- Explains that Visual FoxPro includes Rushmore data access technology to help you optimize the performance of your applications.
- Optimizing Forms and Controls
- Describes how you can make significant improvements in the forms and controls in your application.
- Optimizing Programs
- Discusses how you can write the fastest possible programs by writing your code carefully.
- Optimizing ActiveX Controls
- Explains that if you use Automation or Microsoft ActiveX controls in your application, you can fine-tune the application to get the best performance out of both ActiveX controls and automation.
- Optimizing Access to Remote Data
- Describes the expense of data retrieval from any remote database.
- Optimizing International Applications
- Explains that if you are developing international applications, you might want to manage the collating sequence of your data for optimal performance.