Those functions provide means to execute commands on the
system itself, and means to secure such commands.
No external libraries are needed to build this extension.
There is no installation needed to use these
functions; they are part of the PHP core.
This extension has no configuration directives defined in
This extension defines a
process resource, returned by
This extension has no constants defined.
Open files with lock (especially open sessions) should be closed before
executing a program in the background.
Table of Contents
- escapeshellarg — Escape a string to be used as a shell argument
- escapeshellcmd — Escape shell metacharacters
- exec — Execute an external program
- passthru — Execute an external program and display raw output
- proc_close — Close a process opened by proc_open() and return the exit code of that process.
- proc_get_status — Get information about a process opened by proc_open()
- proc_nice — Change the priority of the current process
- proc_open —
Execute a command and open file pointers for input/output
- proc_terminate — Kills a process opened by proc_open
- shell_exec — Execute command via shell and return the complete output as a string
- system — Execute an external program and display the output