Contains default initial options and global settings for the Report Designer to use when creating reports.
When you choose Set As Default, which appears on every tab in the Options dialog box, Visual FoxPro saves all the options on all tabs.
Data and output defaults
- Use private data sessions
- Run the report using a private data session. You can also select Private Data Session from the Report menu. For more information about private data sessions, see How to: Use Data Sessions.
- Save printer environment
- Save the current printer environment setting with a report. In earlier versions of Visual FoxPro, the printer environment was saved with the report by default. In Visual FoxPro 9, it is not saved by default. For more information, see How to: Save the Printer Environment for Reports.
- Use DBC field captions
- Use database container (DBC) field captions when you drop fields onto a report.
- Always add alias
- Specifies that the table or view name is always included with fields used in the expression.
- Add non-selected alias only
- Specifies that when more than one table or view is open, Visual FoxPro only includes the name of any table or view that is not selected in the Aliases list of the Data Session Window with any of its fields in the expression. Table or view names are not added for tables that are selected in the Aliases list.
- Never add alias
- Specifies that table or view names are not included with any field when you create the expression.
Report Engine behavior
Specifies the initial setting of SET REPORTBEHAVIOR when Visual FoxPro starts up.
See SET REPORTBEHAVIOR Command for more information.
- 80 (Backward compatible)
- Sets REPORTBEHAVIOR to 80
- 90 (Object assisted)
- Sets REPORTBEHAVIOR to 90
Specifies the measurement units for the ruler along the top and left edges of the Report Designer or Label Designer window.
- The rulers are not displayed. The measurement units displayed in various dialog boxes will be in inches.
- The measurement ruler and other dimensions are displayed in Inches.
- The measurement ruler and other dimensions are displayed in Centimeters.
- The measurement ruler and other dimensions are displayed in Pixels.
- System default
- Specifies inches or centimeters as the unit of measurement displayed on the ruler depending on your language setting.
Show position in status bar
Specifies whether to show the mouse cursor position or currently selected control position (in ruler units) in the status bar.
- Snap to grid
- Align edges of newly drawn controls with the nearest grid lines in the Report Designer. You can also select Snap to Grid from the Format menu to enable this option when in the Designer.
- Show grid lines
- Specifies whether to display visible snap-to-grid lines in the Designer. The resolution of the visible grid is half that of the actual snap-to grid. (For example, if the Horizontal spacing is set to 12 pixels, the vertical grid lines will be drawn every 24 pixels.) You can also select Grid Lines from the View menu when in the Designer.
- Horizontal spacing (pixels)
- Specifies the number of pixels to horizontally space each grid section. You can also set horizontal spacing by selecting Set Grid Scale from the Format menu.
- Vertical spacing (pixels)
- Specifies the number of pixels to vertically space each grid section. You can also set vertical spacing by selecting Set Grid Scale from the Format menu.
Displays the default font settings for new reports or label layouts. Clicking the ellipsis(вЂ¦) button opens the Font dialog box so you can select a different default font.
- Use font script
- Indicates that the language character set be enabled in the Font dialog box, and saved with the report. You can choose not to save the specific font script selection with the layout by clearing this check box. For more information, see Font Dialog Box.