Visual FoxPro ships with several wizards. Wizards are interactive programs that help you quickly accomplish common tasks, such as creating forms, formatting reports, setting up queries, importing and upsizing data, graphing, creating mail merge output, generating pivot tables, creating cross-tab queries, and publishing in HTML format for the Web.
By answering questions or choosing options on the series of wizard screens, you are telling the wizard to build a file or perform a task based on your responses.
Most of the wizards have several output options in the last page. These output options are often to files that can be bound into your application. For example, the Web Publishing wizard has an output script option, which creates a program (.prg) file that dynamically generates an HTML page from FoxPro data. You can include this script file in your application and run it from a menu item or button on a form.
Note that additional wizards are available at the Visual FoxPro Web site at
In This Section
- Application Wizard
- Allows you to create a project and a Visual FoxPro Enhanced Application Framework and then opens the Application builder, so you can add a database, tables, forms, or reports you have created already.
- Cross-Tab Wizard
- Allows you to create a cross-tab query to summarize data from existing tables.
- Database Wizard
- Makes it possible for you to use predefined templates to help you create a database containing appropriate tables.
- Documenting Wizard
- Enables you to format and produce text files from the code in your projects and program files.
- Form Wizard
- Makes it easy for you to use a single table to create a form for data entry.
- Graph Wizard
- Allows you to create a graph from a Visual FoxPro table using Microsoft Graph.
- Import Wizard
- Allows you to move data into Visual FoxPro table (.dbf) files from other file formats, such as plain text, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and other files.
- Label Wizard
- Allows you to create labels that you can affix to envelopes and packages or that you can use in your own custom situation.
- Local View Wizard
- Allows you to create views, which are customized displays of some or all information, using native Visual FoxPro data.
- Mail Merge Wizard
- Allows you to create either a data source, such as names or addresses, for a Microsoft Word merged document, such as a form letter, mailing labels, envelopes, or catalogs, or a text file, that can be used by any word processor.
- One-To-Many Form Wizard
- Allows you to create a data entry form that updates several tables from a single form.
- One-To-Many Report Wizard
- Allows you to create a report that groups records from a parent table with records from a child table.
- PivotTable Wizard
- Allows you to create interactive worksheet tables used to summarize and analyze data from existing tables.
- Query Wizard
- Allows you to create a query to select a group of records based on rules you specify.
- Remote View Wizard
- Allows you to create views, which are customized displays of some or all information, using remote data (ODBC).
- Report Wizard
- Allows you to create reports using one free table or one table or view in a database.
- SQL Server Upsizing Wizard
- Allows you to create a SQL Server database that duplicates, as much as possible, the functionality of a Visual FoxPro database.
- Table Wizard
- Allows you to create tables based on typical table structures and allows you to select a table to fit your needs from a list of sample tables.
- Web Publishing Wizard
- Displays data from a table or view in an HTML document.